Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Second Amendment and other Freedoms

I get very tired of hearing about the second amendment and the freedom to bear arms.  Everyone has their guns, and I doubt anyone is coming for them.  I am sick of hearing about putting religion back in the schools. What about freedom of religion?  That includes freedom from religion as far as I am concerned. Jesus is not the answer to every problem. Seeing the carnage that occurred in Connecticut just reinforces my opinion that there is no God.  Science doesn't support it, and neither do a lot of events.

Arm the veterans and put them in the schools to protect them?  I don't think so.  My father was a veteran. I wouldn't have armed him and put him in a school. We had guns at home.  I saw him put a gun to my mother's head many times and threaten to shoot her.  Everyone always thought my dad was a good person.  You don't know anyone well enough to say let's arm the veterans, let's arm the schoolteachers and principals and let's arm the cafeteria workers.  I don't know the answer to this dilemma, but I do know it's not more guns.  Every gun is a chance for another "accidental" shooting.  Is that what you want in the classroom?  Hell, arm the kids.  We'll be just as safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment